Welcome to Summer 2015, as the first official week of summer has already gone by, I thought what better way to celebrate the beginning of summer with the humid & hot days ahead of us while being at the beach to outdoor BBQs to outdoor activities then finding ways to cool down this summer. I thought that this would be a great entry to share some of my fave desserts for this summer.
A perfect way to cool down this summer is to enjoy refreshing & cold desserts and treats. These are my fave 3 desserts that I love to eat during the summer to cool down that you should definitely try:
1. Gelato is my absolutely fave dessert to enjoy during the summer because of it’s creamy, soft and sweet taste to cool down. I love Gelatos because of its homemade authentic Italian style as well as the variety of fresh fruit flavours that it has to offer! I usually prefer Gelato over ice cream because it is generally more healthier than ice cream with lower calories, less fat and sugar. Why not enjoy a healthier version of a cool treat? To me, it’s the best of both worlds.
These are my 3 fave Gelato places that I been to and I would definitely recommend for you to try them this summer (Check out my photos below):
- Ed’s Real Scoop (3 locations) – click here -> Official Website
- .Gelato Simply Italian (2 locations – Yorkville and Yonge & Eglinton) – click here -> Facebook website
- Il Gelatiere (Location – 647 Mount Pleasant Rd) – click here -> Official Website
2. Frozen Yogurt Bar has become one of my new fave desserts to enjoy at home. I discovered Metro’s Irresistibles Frozen Yogurt Bar last year during a food festival as a sample and loved it. My fave flavour is Raspberry Swirl Sorbet & Yogurt. I love this simple dessert to enjoy at home and the best part is that it is only 100 calories per bar. This is a great choice for a healthier dessert. There are several flavours available to choose from as well.
Irresistibles is a METRO Grocery store (here in Canada) private brand so its only available there and I know I seen it at Food Basics as well. So please check your participating grocery stores if you are interested in purchasing this brand for Frozen Yogurt Bar.
Please check out METRO website here -> website link
3. My last suggestion is one of my fave Chinese dessert called: Sago or Sago Pudding, which I thought it would be great to bring in a bit of my Asian taste and style in as we make great desserts too. What is Sago exactly? Well, Sago or Sago Pudding is a sweet pudding made by boiling sago with either water or milk and adding sugar and sometimes additional flavourings like mango, strawberry, etc. Sago pearls are similar in appearance to tapioca pearls. It is perfect for a hot summer day as it is light and refreshing.
One of my fave place to have Sago dessert is Dessert Kitchen, which I have discovered recently and quickly became my fave place to always go for it. I always love mango flavours as they remind me of the summer and it is no surprise that my fave is their Mango Supreme with ho fun. It is simply delicious & light! There are different available flavours as well such as: Pink Lady, Passion Couple, etc. Sago desserts can also include a single scoop of ice cream if you want to add that extra treat to it. Check out my photos below to see what exactly is a Sago dessert is and I’m sure you would love to try one!
If you are interested in checking out Dessert Kitchen (location – Markham), please check out their Facebook page -> here
Now that I have shared with you about some of my fave cool desserts, you no longer have to worry about where to go to find a refreshing and cold dessert for this summer. Let’s all now enjoy the summer heat and sunny days while it last as we only have 2 months of summer! 🙂
For now, I leave you with these chilly yet refreshing thoughts for the hot summer until then I will be searching for my next sweet adventure….